Nonprofit Internship Opportunity
Orenda Healing International has a spot on our Four Winds Journal Editorial Team for an Intern (Student or Elder) with the following qualifications:
- Excellent writing skills (English – bilingual in Spanish and French a plus)
- Substantial editing experience (including content, flow, and line editing)
- Confidence and facility with all aspects of digital publishing (Publitas, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, MailChimp, etc.)
- Ability to initiate tasks and/or offer suggestions
- Ability to participate as a responsible, reliable, and flexible team member
Start Date: January 15, 2019
Time Commitment: up to 5 hours/week (depending on publishing schedule)
Compensation: Course credit for Student Intern (see following description)
The Student Intern who fills this position will receive credit in one or more relevant college courses, based on number of hours spent per week, in addition to invaluable hands-on experience in online and hard copy publishing. The Elder Intern will have the satisfaction of knowing that they are contributing their skills and expertise to help a 501.c.3 nonprofit dedicated to positive change. Interns who have satisfactorily completed a year with the Journal will receive first consideration as members of the Editorial Board for OHI’s publishing branch, Winds of Change Press, scheduled to launch in 2019.
Dr. Valentine McKay-Riddell
Orenda Healing International, based in Santa Fe, NM since 1993, is a 501.c.3 nonprofit educational institute, focused on individual and community health and well-being.