Nonprofit Internship Opportunity
Orenda Healing International has a spot on our Four Winds Journal Editorial Team for a Student Intern with the following qualifications:
- Excellent writing skills in English (fluency in other languages, especially Spanish and French, a plus)
- Substantial editing experience (including line editing and copy editing)
- Confidence and facility with all aspects of digital publishing (Publitas, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, MailChimp, etc.)
- Ability to initiate tasks and/or offer suggestions
- Ability to participate as a responsible, reliable, and flexible team member
Start Date: August 15, 2019
Time Commitment: up to 5 hours/week (depending on publishing schedule)
Compensation: $12/ hr, plus course credit for Student Intern (see following description)
Student Interns who fill this position may, with the agreement of their course instructors, receive credit in one or more relevant college courses based on number of hours spent per week. In addition they will gain invaluable hands-on experience in online and hard copy publishing and the satisfaction of knowing that they are contributing their skills and expertise to help a 501.c.3 nonprofit institute dedicated to positive change. Interns who have satisfactorily completed a year with the Journal will receive first consideration as members of the Editorial Board for OHI’s publishing branch, Winds of Change Press, which launched in May 2019.
Dr. Valentine McKay-Riddell
Orenda Healing International, based in Santa Fe, NM since 1993, is a 501.c.3 nonprofit educational institute, focused on individual and community health and well-being.